Welcome SBHS Parents and Guardians
We have provided links to key handouts and other resources on this page. Please contact us if you’d like to see additional information posted here. For a complete Spanish translation of our website, use the language indicator at the top right of the webpage.
Bienvenidos Padres y Tutores de SBHS
En esta página, hemos proporcionado enlaces a folletos importantes y otros recursos. Comuníquese con nosotros si desea ver información adicional publicada aquí. Para obtener una traducción completa al español de nuestro sitio web, utilice el indicador de idioma en la parte superior derecha de la página web.
Back To School Night Presentations
Virtual Back To School Night Presentations
Hello San Benito High School Families! In lieu of hosting an in-person Back To School Night this year, our faculty has provided virtual presentations to introduce you to your students’ courses. Below are several links to help guide you in finding your student’s teacher presentations. Each presentation includes an introduction of the teacher, course expectations, a typical day in class, how to best contact a teacher and an overview of their grading policy.
Click on links below to view:
- How to find your teachers’ presentations
- Principal’s Welcome (video)
- Back To School Night Presentations (organized by subject)
Thank you for your continued support!
Student Work Permits
Work Permits: Procedures & Policies from the CA Labor Law Manual
San Benito High School will issue California Work Permits as describes by the California Department of Education (CDE) and at the discretion and approval of the Superintendents Designated Administrator(s). Student work permits are required by all businesses employing minors between the ages of 13-17 years. It is solely within the discretion of the school district to determine whether a minor, who is still subject to the state’s compulsory education laws, may obtain a work permit and, therefore, be employed to work. Please visit the CDE website for frequently asked questions and multilingual documents. Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the duties and location where the work will be done as well as the number of hours a minor may work. In most cases it is a two-step process, the minor along with the parent/guardian and employer fill out the B1-1 form (Ca. Intent to Employ a Minor Form) and submit to the school local to the minor’s address. The school district reviews the B1-1 form and issues the B1-4 (CA Work Permit).
Process to obtain a WORK PERMIT:
- The minor/student, after obtaining a promise of employment, shall obtain the “Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit – Certificate of Age” (CDE Form B1-1) from the school or the employer.
- The minor must complete the “minor” section, request that the employer and parent complete their sections (making certain to obtain all three required signatures), and then return the completed form to the appropriate school authority, Student Services Admin.
- The school’s authorized work permit issuer shall verify all information on the work permit to be issued. If all requirements are met, the authorized work permit issuer may issue the work permit (CDE Form B1-4).
- The local school district or school has discretion to impose additional requirements for the issuance of a work permit. For instance, the school district may have a policy requiring the minor to maintain a 2.0 grade point average (GPA). In such a case, the work permit issuer would need to verify the student’s GPA.
STEP 1: How to Obtain The California Intent to Employ Form/Work Permit
California Intent to Employ Forms:
Visit the Parent University Website.
School Site Council
- Current Years Approved Meeting Dates
- School Site Council Bylaws
- The Basics of Robert’s Rules of Order
- School Site Council Mini Grand Funding Proposal Process
- School Site Council Grant Request Form Link (link coming soon)
The primary task of the School Site Council is to:
- Update the Single School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Make effective decisions on the use of supplemental resources
- Ensure that students have access to and success in the core program
Composition of a School Site Council
The principal plus representatives from the following groups:
- Classroom teachers
- One other school representative (usually a classified staff member)
- The number of parents and students must be equal to the number of school personnel.
- Each category in the above composition of the Council must select its own members
SBHS is seeking interested people from the parent category to SELF-NOMINATE for a position on the 2021-22 School Site Council. The ballot will be distributed for public availability and a Parent email linking them to a Google Ballot Form. Parents will be asked to vote electronically for their School Site Council representatives.
If you are a parent interested in serving on the School Site Council, please use the “Self-nomination” link above. You may also contact the principal’s secretary, at 637-5831, ext. 172, e-mail address: by Friday, August 27, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in San Benito High School Site Council!
Welcome Back Packet
Below are links to the documents sent to parents and students in the summer or that are handed out on the first day of school. Click on each title to access the document:
- Welcome Back Mailer (mailed home 7/30/21)
- Freshman Mailer (mailed home 7/23/21)
- Parent Handbook
- Electronic Devices Policy
- Student Services & Counseling
- Picture Day Order Form
- School Site Council Self-Nomination Form
- School Bus Pass Application
- Dress Code Policy
- Online Prepayment of Student Meals
- Title IX Notice
- Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Volunteer Interest Form
- 2019-20 Student Activities Calendar
- Migrant Ed Identification & Recruitment
- Healthy Kids Survey Notification
- Technology Use Agreement
Aeries.net Parent Login Instructions...Coming soon
Click here for a .pdf explaining how to use the Aeries.net parent portal to view your students grades, attendance, and more.
Instrucciones de inicio de sesión para el Portal de Padres de Aeries.net
la versión en español se publicará lo antes posible
Haga clic aquí para obtener un archivo .pdf que explica cómo usar el portal para padres Aeries.net para ver las calificaciones, asistencia y más de su estudiante.
Reporting An Absence
There are two options to report an absence:
For both options, provide the student’s ID number, first and last names, and the date of absence.
Please also include the reason for the absence.
The email you use will be valid if it matches the email on record.
Hay dos opciones para reportar una ausencia:
Para ambas opciones, proporcione el número de identificación del estudiante, el nombre y apellido y la fecha de ausencia.
Incluya también el motivo de la ausencia.
San Benito High School staff encourages and values learning time; thus, checkouts shall be limited to dental or doctor appointments or family emergencies. Please see the Checkout Process handout for more details.
2019-20 ASB and Sports Brochures
2019-20 ASB y Folleto de Deportes
de información del cuerpo estudiantil asociado e información deportiva, que incluye anuarios, tarjetas ASB, banda y coro, ropa de educación física, educación física, casilleros y prepago de comidas escolares en línea.
National School Lunch Program
Please click here to fill out the online form for the National School Lunch Program.
- Student Handbook (English)
- Student Handbook (Spanish)
- SARC 2020-21 (English)
- SARC 2020-21 (Spanish coming soon)
- School Site Council 2021-22 (Request to Self-Nominate Form- Google Form Link)
- SPSA (Sp)
- Title I School Parent Involvement Policy (En)
- Title I School Parent Involvement Policy (Sp)
- WASC mid-cycle Progress Report