The Mission of the San Benito High School Counseling Department is to support the education of all students with equity, respect, and academic achievement, helping each expand their potential, develop their own beliefs and values so all will have the greatest range of personal options upon graduation.
SBHS Counseling Program Vision Statement:
The San Benito High School Counseling Department will encourage all students to achieve their ultimate potential by utilizing a comprehensive approach that supports the attainment of academic, social/emotional, and college/career goals. We will strive to create a climate that fosters a passion for learning, academic excellence, interpersonal growth, physical and emotional well-being, social responsibility, and career exploration. School counselors believe that all students can be successful within the context of a supportive school-parent-community partnership that will ultimately result in responsible and capable citizenship in the 21st Century.
College Entrance Exams
- AP Exam Registration
- Senior Countdown to Graduation
- CSU Application Checklist
- Cal State Apply (CSU Application)
- UC Admissions (UC Application)
- The Common Application
- FAFSA Application
- Dream Act Application
- Family Resources Quick Guide
- College Planning Guide from AffordableCollegesOnline.org
- Campus Resources
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (out-of-state college tuition discounts)
- Interested in playing college sports?
- Exploring CSU/UC campuses by major
- The Top 175 Scholarships for College (courtesy of Mometrix Test Preparation)
- Hollister Alcoholics Anonymous meeting schedule
Make Appointments With Counselors Via Calendly
Resources for Pre-Scheduling 2021-2022
- Course Options 2021-2022
- A-G Requirements
- SBHS Graduation Requirements
- Step-by-Step Academic Planner
- 9th Grade (Class of 2024) Parent Night Pre-Scheduling Zoom Video
- 10th Grade (Class of 2023) Parent Night Pre-Scheduling Zoom Video
Please read the attached letter regarding Prescheduling for 2021-2022
- If your schedule includes an elective please ONLY include your TOP choice elective in the Academic Plan. Then please complete the attached Elective Preference form to list your top choice as Elective Choice #1 and then your alternates in order by preference.
- Please feel free to view the presentation given to your classrooms again: Classroom Presentation re Pre-Scheduling 21-22
Haybaler Supports will be offered at 12:30 p.m. on the day of your classroom presentation. Please attend at this link: https://sbhsd.zoom.us/j/
Meeting ID: 831 5930 4310 Passcode: Balers
Students and families are more than welcome to set up an individual appointment with their counselor via our Calendly links (found on the last page of the classroom presentation and below), email or phone. We are here to help, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
All current students may request IN PROGRESS transcript(s) through the Counseling Office: Email your current counselor for more information.
If a current student needs an official transcript please use the link here to request the record.
Seniors/graduates: Will use Parchment for their Final Transcript(s) requests (link below). The office will put the request on hold until second semester grades are posted on the transcript and then mail them to the college(s) of the student’s choice.
Transcript request for SBHS graduates
To order Transcripts for San Benito High School use the Order Records button below. Transcripts are provided through Parchment. Watch the YouTube video below for instructions on how to use the Parchment ordering system.
Adult Education Transcripts
To order Transcripts for Adult Education use the link to the form below:
To order a copy of your Diploma use the link to the form below:
Paying for Your Transcript or Diploma
Pay Online With A Credit Card
- Go to the school website’s homepage
- Click on the “Haybaler Store” icon to pay by credit card.
- Make sure you put your name to billing.
- Then Register: Fill out the Request Form, fax to (831) 630-5845. A picture ID is needed. You can scan your driver’s license.
If you have any further questions feel free to call the Counseling Clerk at (831) 637-5831 ext. 100.
Adult Ed Transcript or Diploma Request
Call the Counseling Clerk at ext. 100
We charge $5 for transcripts/$35 for diplomas (during the summer, we only accept cash or money orders made out to SBHS). We accept payment by cash, money order or check. Requests take 48 hours to process.
Mail checks made out to:
San Benito High School to San Benito High School
Attention: Transcript Request
1220 Monterey St.
Hollister, CA, 95023.
(Make check out to San Benito High School.)
Payment may also be made by someone else in cash at the Counseling Office (located in the main buildings behind the two glass doors on the left), but a written note is required giving that person permission to pick up the transcript, A photo ID is required. You may scan your driver’s license and fax it to 831-630-5845 or email it to .
Additional questions? Contact the School Clerk at 831-637-5831, ext. 100 or Registrar Miriam Mendoza at extension 112.