The Mission of the San Benito High School Counseling Department is to support the education of all students with equity, respect, and academic achievement, helping each expand their potential, develop their own beliefs and values so all will have the greatest range of personal options upon graduation.
SBHS Counseling Program Vision Statement:
The San Benito High School Counseling Department will encourage all students to achieve their ultimate potential by utilizing a comprehensive approach that supports the attainment of academic, social/emotional, and college/career goals. We will strive to create a climate that fosters a passion for learning, academic excellence, interpersonal growth, physical and emotional well-being, social responsibility, and career exploration. School counselors believe that all students can be successful within the context of a supportive school-parent-community partnership that will ultimately result in responsible and capable citizenship in the 21st Century.
College Entrance Exams
Counseling Appointments Via Calendly
- Nydia Martinez (A-Car)
- Tiffany Cotter (Cas-E)
- Irma Lozano (F-Herm)
- Andy Prisco (Hern-Mar)
- Lorena Fernandez (Mas-Pin)
- Gualberto Monarrez (Pio-Seq)
- Heather Nichols (Ser-Z)
- AP Exam Registration
- Senior Countdown to Graduation
- CSU Application Checklist
- Cal State Apply (CSU Application)
- UC Admissions (UC Application)
- UC/CSU Information Night Resources
- UC/CSU Information Night Slideshow
- UC/CSU Information Night Video (on YouTube)
- UCSC Frosh Presentation Slideshow
- The Common Application
- FAFSA Application
- Dream Act Application
- Family Resources Quick Guide
- Gavilan College Concurrent Enrollment Application & Authorization
- College Planning Guide from AffordableCollegesOnline.org
- Campus Resources
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (out-of-state college tuition discounts)
- Interested in playing college sports?
- Exploring CSU/UC campuses by major
- The Top 175 Scholarships for College (courtesy of Mometrix Test Preparation)
- Hollister Alcoholics Anonymous meeting schedule
College and Career Resources
Resources for Class of 2026 Pre-Scheduling
Welcome Class of 2026!
- Please find information below regarding enrolling and scheduling classes for your 9th grade classes at SBHS in 2022-2023. Step 1: Enroll as a student at San Benito High School: Registration for SBHS 2022-2023 Step 2: Review course offerings for your 9th grade classes:
Step 3: Attend 8th Grade Information Nights on Monday, Nov. 29 at 6:30 p.m. or Thursday, Dec. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- English Zoom Link:
- Meeting ID: 846 3503 1184
- Passcode: 886838
- Spanish Zoom Link:
- Meeting ID: 899 8993 7665
- Passcode: 963992
Step 4: Meet with a SBHS Counselor: Each middle school is meeting with SBHS counselors differently, so please refer to your school for exact timing of meetings via Zoom or in-person.
Resources for Scheduling (2022-2023 School Year)
Helpful Information for Scheduling Your 2022-2023 Classes:
Step 1: Prepare for Scheduling your 10th, 11th or 12th grade classes:
Step 2: View this informational video or presentation. Then email your counselor any questions you may have.
- Review Pre-Scheduling Letter
- Video presentations regarding scheduling
- Google Slides Presentations
Step 3: Students will be scheduled with a school counselor in person during their school day.
- Deadline to change your schedule requests is April 30th, 2022
All current students may request IN PROGRESS transcript(s) through the Counseling Office: Email your current counselor for more information.
If a current student needs an official transcript please use the link here to request the record.
Seniors/graduates: Will use Parchment for their Final Transcript(s) requests (link below). The office will put the request on hold until second semester grades are posted on the transcript and then mail them to the college(s) of the student’s choice.
Transcript request for SBHS graduates
To order Transcripts for San Benito High School use the Order Records button below. Transcripts are provided through Parchment. Watch the YouTube video below for instructions on how to use the Parchment ordering system.
Adult Education Transcripts
To order Transcripts for Adult Education use the link to the form below:
Alumni Duplicate Diploma Request/Order Form
To order a duplicate copy of your graduation diploma from SBHS, please click the link below:
(All duplicate diploma requests are subject to a past fine/fees evaluation, and will not be honored untill all fines have been cleared. If you are not certain if you have fines or fees outstanding, please call the school office at 831-637-5831, ext. 100 and a school clerk will be able to review your records with you.)